[coreboot] Porting coreboot to Intel Atom (Silverthorne) & SCH US15W (Poulsbo) chipset

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Jun 5 14:17:53 CEST 2009

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 20:49:24 +0200, "Gaechter, Stefan"
<Stefan.Gaechter at sie.at> wrote:
> hi,
>
> a view weeks ago i read about the start of a menlow port.
> has anybody started the port?
>
> Br, stefan
>

> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:56:06 -0500, bari <bari at onelabs.com> wrote:
>> Mansoor wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I  have a Atom Silverthorne Poulsbo based board
>>> (http://www.iwavesystems.com/iW-Q7.htm). I want to port coreboot on
> this
>>> platform.
>>>
>>> I would like to know if anybody has started/suceeded in porting
> coreboot
>>> to Atom, also if there is anyone interested in such a port.
>>
>> There is lots of interest in Atom support. Nobody I am aware of has
>> enough documentation yet. Maybe you do since you have an Atom based COM
>> module?  http://iwavesystems.com/iW-Q7.htm
>>
>>> 1)Which version of coreboot can be used (v2 or v3) ?
>>> 2)Which platform (CPU,motherboard,EC) can be taken as reference ?
>>
>> The i945 is supported by v2 so an Atom + i945 board would be the
>> shortest path to success.
>>
> Yes, I would have to agree with Bari here. You should start with the i945
> code.

I would be very interested in porting/seeing coreboot on the Intel
D945GCLF2 Atom board because it has TV-out (S-Video). I just can't seem to
find a good deal on one, if anyone can find me one for around $50 us, I
would really consider it :-)

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org