[coreboot] [PATCH] flashrom: Make packagers happy
c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Jun 5 21:28:12 CEST 2009
On 30.05.2009 16:30, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Two new targets:
> make export
> make tarball
> Both preserve svn revisions and the exported tree does not depend on
> subversion in any way or shape.
> Signed-off-by: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>
We need this for five reasons:
1. Packagers currently have to patch flashrom source to compile it on
systems without subversion. We should make it easier for them.
2. Snapshot tarballs currently have a .svn 1.5 directory included but
this will cause errors for users with older svn 1.4. Not requiring
subversion for snapshot compilation is best.
3. Since packagers seldom the svn revision in their fixup patches, some
packages out there have incorrect or no revision, only major version
4. Releasing a new version of flashrom needs too many changes to the
makefile which have to be reverted instantly after the release. That is
5. Making a release is easy with the change. Update the major version,
then run "make tarball".
More information about the coreboot