[coreboot] [flashrom] SST SST49LF008A and FreeBSD

Alexander Logvinov avl at logvinov.com
Mon Jun 8 16:12:56 CEST 2009

Hello!

 I received a mail from FreeBSD user about using flashrom on SuperMicro
boxes with FreeBSD amd64. Reading the flashrom works for him alright,
but writing doesn't:

# uname -a
FreeBSD XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 7.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE #0: Fri May
1 07:18:07 UTC 2009
root at driscoll.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

# flashrom -V -w 6dva1197.rom
Found chipset "Intel 6300ESB", enabling flash write... OK.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chip "SST SST49LF008A" (1024 KB) at physical address 0xfff00000.
Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
ERASE FAILED!

 Here is a verbose log of trunk version: http://pastebin.com/m92cd709

 Let'me know if you want more information. Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Alexander Logvinov