[coreboot] [patch][v2]:fam10 microcode

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed Jun 10 04:37:40 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 01:07:39PM -0600, Marc Jones wrote:
> I have update the errata a little more. I don't see anything in the HT
> init that would cause the issue. It may be a setting that we have to
> find by checking against the vendor BIOS.
>
> There are new tables in the BKDG, 2.6.4.2.4.1 and .2 for buffer setup
> that might have something to do with the problem. *shrug*

Hmm, this patch still didn't fix the problem for me. As per IRC, I did some
dumping of lspci (etc) data from the proprietary bios:

  http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/h8dmr/fam10/h8dmr-fam10-proprietary-index.html

and I added the pci dump lines you suggested. Here's a dump with them right
before the loop where cpu 1 gets stuck:

  http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/h8dmr/fam10/h8dmr-ad.cap

Sorry, that last file is a bit large (1.4MB).

Now, just a sanity check: these CPUs are

  Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2372 HE stepping 02

So adding this line

    0x100f42, 0x1062,

to get_equivalent_processor_rev_id in
src/cpu/amd/model_10xxx/update_microcode.c, and pointing AMD_UCODE_PATCH_FILE
to mc_patch_0100009f.h in src/mainboard/supermicro/h8dmr_fam10/Options.lb is
definitely correct?

Thanks,
Ward.

--