[coreboot] Hosed ms-7032, I foolishly flashed the bios with a .700

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Thu Jun 11 15:10:25 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 02:51:41PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> > I've thought about unsoldering the chip but don't really have the proper tools.
> >

> Some people on this list have experience with desoldering chips. Maybe
> they can assist.

If you don't mind sacrificing the current chip, you could just cut it off and
replace it with a socket. See

  http://www.coreboot.org/Soldering_a_socket_on_your_board#Cutting_the_chip

and for more detail (shameless plug):

  http://ward.vandewege.net/blog/2009/03/howto-replace-a-plcc-chip-with-a-socket-ghetto-style/

It's not hard to do, even with moderate soldering skills.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator