[coreboot] write/verify bug

Urja Rannikko urjaman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:04:12 CEST 2009

> I really like this. May I humbly request we auto-verify both erase and
> write operations to give the user feedback if an operation failed. Right
> now it can happen that erase or write fails and the user it not told
> about it.

Currently - jedec.c does this atleast - if different write functions
do different things, that should be fixed (make them all do the same)
- again @work and dont have the time to check, but:
write_jedec:
* Erases
* Verifies erase
* Writes each page, verifying each page after writing
... then you do a -v after that and youll end up near-triple-verifying
stuff -- ok it's nice to be sure, but that's not very speedy, but ok
for on-motherboard flashing.

I suggest that we have it like this:
-e erases and verifies erase
-w erases, writes (verifying each page...) and verifies write (as in
with -wv now)
-r reads
-v verifies

Then i suggest we have some flag to disable all verifies (including
the one in jedec.c checking each page write) in case one is using a
slow external programmer. -n maybe (as in --no-verify)?

--
urjaman