[coreboot] Gigabyte M57SLI-S4 Interrupt Fix

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Sun Jun 14 16:09:52 CEST 2009

On Sunday 14 June 2009 15:52:53 Florentin Demetrescu wrote:
> Hi folks,
Hello Florentin,

> It works!
Great to hear!

> On my m57sli board the 2 PCI slots are functional.
Fine, that it is verified. :)

> The problem I had the last week came from the fact that I used a (very) old
> version of FILO and I haven't noticed that in the recent releases of
> coreboot the configuration flag HAVE_HIGH_TABLES was active by default =>
> filo wasn't able to find the lb_table => no valid e820 table for linux.
Yes, indeed I had the same trouble before starting my final try of the
interrupt fix patch.
I use now SeaBios as bootloader, and i really like it because loading the
kernel image from the HD is really fast compared to the old filo versions
(without the new drivers).

> This being said I think that the irq problem on m57sli is fixed now (I
> haven't yet tested the PCIe slots because I have no pcie boards for
> testing..)

> Now it remains the ACPI problem..
As I mentioned before, I have a pending patch here, which works fine, but
depends on the interrupt fix patch.
So, give me some time to clean up and maybe commit this patch.

First we need to clarify few lines of it, before committing it.

> Harald (or someone else..), can you brielfly  remind me what I have to do
> to enable acpi in coreboot and how to extract and integrate acpi tables (I
> know, I know, I have to RTFM but this could save me some time and Im so
> lazy.. ;-))
Don't try to do something like that, I'll send my patch in a few minutes to
the list.

> Congrats anyway for your great work Harald,
>  Florentin

Kind regards,
Harald