[coreboot] Adding CAR support to v2

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:24:42 CEST 2009

Committed revision 4357.

I changed the name v to start_address.

OK, next steps. We need what we have in v3 stage1 code, which is a
call to the CAR code, then a jmp to the CAR disable code, then a jmp
to the code that loads the RAM stages. I'll work on that. It will be
in arch/i386/init, guess I'll call it rombootstrap.c.

The hope here is that we end up with a general pattern and process for
cleaning up and moving to a more comprehensible CAR setup with the v3
improvements part of the picture.

Fixing up includes is a good idea.

I think we ought to not bring over the v3 stage numbering. I've gotten
very mixed reactions to the stage1 etc. naming. It seemed like a good
idea but in the end it did not seem that essential.

thanks

ron