[coreboot] ACPI support on M57SLI

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Thu Jun 18 21:27:22 CEST 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 21:05:30 Peter Stuge wrote:
> Harald Gutmann wrote:
> > And got some further improvements to be able to install and boot
> > windows 7 from coreboot with acpi support on m57sli.
>
> Very cool! Can you say something about what was required to do this?
Yes, sure. I talked to Rudolf about what is to do to get windows working.
His explanation was quite easy: You'll need the _CRS symbols in your dsdt.asl.

I had a look at his dsdt.asl from asus/m2v-mx_se, and saw that there are not
much _CRS symbols in it.
Keyboard, Mouse, Floppy, and the PCI root device has _CRS Symbols.
Afterward I had a look at my disassembled vendors dsdt.asl, and added the _CRS
Symbols with the values for my hardware.

The first try on installing the windows 7 build 7100 lead into a "STOP:
0x0000005a 0x000000d ... ... ..."
I had a look at the "STOP 0x000000A5" page from Microsoft's support site [1],
and discovered that Parameter1 0xd means that there is some _HID or _ADR
symbol missing.

After rechecking my dsdt.asl with Rudolf's I found quite fast out that he had
an _ADR value for Device(ISA), so I added this value according to my hardware,
and tried again installing Win7.

That was all, which has lead to success with coreboot and windows. :)

[1]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314830/en

> //Peter
Regards,
Harald