[coreboot] Funny Intel observation

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Jun 19 07:08:38 CEST 2009

I've been making some funny observations lately, and I thought I would
share. It is funny how Intel tries to keep of things secret, but on the
same hand they go crazy patenting everything they get their hands on. I bet
if you add up a the companies by patent, Intel would win by far. Anyways I
find this funny because patents are public records. Very dry reading but
helps alot. Lately I have been finding more info on patents than
datasheets. How sad is that.

Anyways I have discovered through patents the correct way to calculate the
Buffer Strength on Intel i8xx chipsets. Patch is coming soon.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org