[coreboot] locking...

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 02:39:14 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Carl-Daniel
Hailfinger<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> do_printk is defined in src/arch/i386/lib/printk_init.c as almost
> identical function, but without console_tx_flush and without locking. If
> only one CPU uses the lockless variant, we lose.

it's very useful. It can be used in the rom/CAR code before consoles
really work.

This kind of thing is common. Just about all OSes have a "printk
before printk" function.

So be careful. I use this one already in qemu.

>> (we should just rename this to printk and use it the v3 way instead of
>> the printk_<loglevel> layers on top, but that's orthogonal, too)
>>

> Yes please!

one thing at a time. That is on a list, but let's focus on this thread.

thanks

ron