[coreboot] FlashROM on VIA EPIA EN12000EG

Sebastian Schuberth sschuberth at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:37:07 CEST 2009

this is just to report that I succeeded reading the BIOS using
FlashROM 0.9.0 from my VIA EPIA EN12000EG motherboard. I haven't tried
writing the BIOS yet. The only small issue I had was that my
motherboard is reported to be from the "CN" rather than the "EN"

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "VIA VT8237", enabling flash write... OK.
Found board "VIA EPIA-CN", enabling flash write... OK.
Found chip "SST SST49LF004A/B" (512 KB) at physical address 0xfff80000.
Reading flash... done.

I don't know if it's even technically possible to distinguish the CN
and EN series, or if they are simply too close / almost identical from
a chipset etc. view, but I'd be happy to help out improving this, if I

Sebastian Schuberth