[coreboot] [workaround found] locking...

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed Jun 24 21:05:26 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:51:29PM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> > So, I got it to boot by setting CONFIG_AP_CODE_IN_CAR to off. That way the
> > APs don't stumble over one another, and the machine boots just fine.
> >
> > Here's the boot log:
> >
> >   http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/h8dme/minicom-20090624g.cap
> >
> > You'll see a couple garbled lines, but I think that's just each of the APs
> > saying they are ready.
> I'm glad it works, but it still looks broken to me.  Those lines look like
> ... TrainDQS RdWrPos1: ... in there.

Ugh, I spoke too soon. Booting with CONFIG_AP_CODE_IN_CAR off reduced me to 1
core. Sigh.

Patrick, I'm really interested in figuring out why you are seeing none of
these problems with the K8 boards you tested 4315 on.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator