[coreboot] I've got this message...

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Thu Jun 25 17:25:00 CEST 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009 07:45:48 Rick Ant wrote:
> tell me how to use it?
> My system configuration is
> Intel PIII 82810 Northbridge and 82801 Southbridge 128 Mb Ram and 49LF004
> Flash ROM I want to embed coreboot and Linux into 49LF004, so it will
> become thin client which will connect to the server...
First of all tell us which mainboard you have.
Second have a look at: http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards and
check if it supported.

If it is not supported, you'll need to do some work to get it working, or buy
another one which is supported.

When your mainboard isn't supported, I'd suggest to look if another one is
similar to your mainboard (sb, nb, sio, ...).
If yes, you can eventually try to use this mainboard directly, but can easy
happen that you'll need to do some modifications on that source to get it
working on your hardware.

> My development configuration is VIA Ester 1.8GHz, 512 Mb..witch Suse 10.1
> on it
>
> Thanks

regards,
Harald