[coreboot] amdk8_util.asl fixes, documentation, and ACPI question
mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:59:10 CET 2009
This patch mostly documents the functionality of amdk8_util.asl. It
also fixes a couple of logical errors that were corrupting the
resources returned from _CRS.
1. When adding a MMIO region to the southbridge, the previous region
- Save previous region before checking if you're handling the
- Make sure you're on node 0 before adding the TOM region.
- Add in a MMAX value of 0xFFDFFFFF (See the ACPI question at the end.)
- Store resulting region with the saved region.
- Move increment of Local 4 so it's more obvious what it refers to.
Before: [TOM - 0xBFFFF] added to every node with Link 0 enabled
After: [0xA0000-0xBFFFF] and [TOM-0xFFDFFFFF] only once
2. Missing RTAG call corrupted return value when there was no resource
for the link
- Add RTAG (BUF0)
Signed-off-by: Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com>
But the question is:
Why is this logic here? Why do you want a region from TOM-(4G-2M)*
when you explicitly have all the regions that are reachable from the
HT links in other resources?
* I got 4G-2M from the ACPI FAQ.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 6008 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the coreboot