[coreboot] Problems about booting windows xp

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:27:20 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 5:25 AM, Wang, Qingpei <Qingpei.Wang at amd.com> wrote:

> [Jason, Wang] I really have no idea about DMI, and I also checked the
> SeaBIOS configuration file and gained nothing. Watson, what is the path
> of the file"config.h"?
>> By the way, is there anybody who know how to use acpiexec? I can not
> use
>> it smoothly.
>
> I've been muddling through.  I found that the history command has been
> useful to save some typing and frustration when I have typing errors.
>
> The other commands I've used:
>
> resources
> execute
> namespace
> help
>
> It turns out that you can't load multiple tables into acpiexec, which
> can be
> a pain.  I patched the source and replaced one table, then I can load
> the
> other.
>
> [Jason, Wang] how did you do that? Now I really need some tools to debug
> the acpi.

I've been using Stefan's script to automate table dumping:

http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2009-January/044210.html

Then I compile the SSDT table with iasl -tc to make a c source file.
You can take the contents of the array and insert it into
tools/acpiexec/aeexec.c in the place of the Ssdt1Code[] data.  Then
when you load your DSDT it can refer to the data in the SSDT.

The other way to do it is to disassemble the SSDT and DSDT and combine
them into one file.  I like putting the SSDT into the executable
better.

Thanks,
Myles