[coreboot] AMD 690 board with dual 88e8056

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Mar 17 15:54:50 CET 2009

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:43:36PM +0800, Daniel Toussaint wrote:
> Finally resolved the issue's with the Marvell's: It was indeed a GPIO - GPIO
> 5(SHUTDOWN#)  from SB600 to be exact. Turning on that GPIO brought up both
> LAN chips. Going to continue now, with more deeper tests, and try to help
> you with the DDR/ACPI testing as good as I can. My board has  two SODIMM
> slots.
> By the way, the board will be available for sale ,  most likely - but I
> can't provide details yet - as it is was intended for other use originally.
> I will keep you posted on this.

Just to add another voice to this - if you are going to sell the board the
FSF will be happy, and I will add it to our recommended hardware page, which
currently only lists boards that are now (very) hard to find. So, the sooner
it is available, the better!

First Annual Libre Planet on March 21/22 2009: http://fsf.org/conference
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator