[coreboot] Strange failure - help?

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed Mar 18 20:31:40 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:38:34PM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I have two coreboot trees.  As far as I can tell they're identical.
> >> One produces working ROM images, and the other reboots when it jumps
> >> to the payload.
> >
> > That was the key.  I hadn't done a make clean in the working tree.
> > Rev 4000 broke it for me, but I'm still not sure why.  Once I was
> > doing make clean every time I could find the revision that was
> > breaking.  It looks like Rev 4000 changed the compile flags, so that's
> > where I'm going next.  Everything else in 4000 looks innocuous to me.
>
> The question is why these compiler flags for coreboot make SeaBIOS
> panic.  I'm still trying to narrow it down, but if you spot it first
> that would be great!

FWIW, I'm seeing the exact same thing (reboot when jump to payload) with a
filo payload and the latest coreboot tree (patched for m2a-vm):

0x00
Clearing Segment: addr: 0x0000000000114e00 memsz: 0x0000000000387750
0x08
Jumping to boot code at 00100090

INIT detected from  --- {  APICID = 00 NODEID = 00 COREID = 00} ---

Issuing SOFT_RESET...

coreboot-2.0.0 Wed Mar 18 15:05:31 EDT 2009 starting...
bsp_apicid=0x0
core0 started:

Full boot log at

  http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/m2a-vm/m2a-vm-cb4017-resets.cap