[coreboot] [solved] Re: [Flashrom] No EEPROM/flash device found. on Syntax SV266A

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Mar 21 19:23:35 CET 2009

On 21.03.2009 18:57, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 22.03.2009, 01:28 +0800 schrieb FENG Yu Ning:
>> Paul Menzel wrote:
>>> Right. Removing the sticker sure helps. Atmel AT49F002NT is written on
>>> the chip, which is supposed to be supported by Flashrom.
>>> test.rom also has not only null written to it, so it seems to be
>>> working.
>>> What could be done, that the chip is auto-detected?
>>> Anything else I can do?
>> Since the reported IDs differ from those(id1 = 1Fh, id2 = 08h) in
>> datasheet of AT49F002NT, I am not sure whether access to the flash is
>> properly done. Let's do some investigation before going further.
>> You may want to take a closer look at test.rom.
>> * How do the first few bytes look like? Do they look like magic
>> numbers(0xff00, 0x55aa, ..)?
> What is the correct command for doing this. hexdump first lines look
> like
> 0000000 e425 6c2d 3568 6f2d 0129 0000 0200 0000

OK, the ID cycle is not working. Basically, if the first two bytes of a
dump are identical to id1,id2 then id1,id2 are not responses to the ID
command. Try shorter (down to 10 us) or longer (up to 40 ms) delays in

By the way, using "xxd" or "hexdump -C" makes sure the bytes in the
output are not switched around pairwise.