[coreboot] DL145G3

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Mar 27 08:04:50 CET 2009

Hi Samuel,

samuel wrote:
> root at kopiluwak ~/bios/flashrom # ./flashrom -wv ../original_bios.bin
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> No coreboot table found.
> Found chipset "Broadcom HT-1000", enabling flash write... OK.
> Found chip "SST SST49LF080A" (1024 KB) at physical address 0xfff00000.
> Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
> Programming page: 0250 at address: 0x000fa000
> Verifying flash... FAILED at 0x000f0000!  Expected=0x00, Read=0xff
>
> So I'm a bit stuck... Seems like there are motherboards that need
> special modifications of flashrom to actually work?

Correct. This board needs what is called board enable for flashrom to
function completely.

We need to figure out where pin 8 on the flash chip is connected. It
is the TBL# pin, which implements hardware write protect for the top
64KB of the chip. Hopefully it connects to a chip which we can find
documentation for easily. Then the code is easy to add.

Do you have access to a continuity tester? Please check this
connection.

Page 7 of http://www.sst.com/downloads/datasheet/S71235.pdf shows the
flash chip pinout.

//Peter