[coreboot] Questions to ACPI, Interrupts, APICS (M57SLI)

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Mar 27 09:02:21 CET 2009

Harald Gutmann wrote:
> What does the acpi part do, to get all the IRQ's correct?

At the very least it provides documentation about how hardware is
connected, and about how the firmware has configured the hardware
with regard to interrupt routing. (Between the interrupt pins in the
PCI slots, and the software interrupt handler there is a fairly long
way with several opportunities for mapping.)

> Why doesn't that work without ACPI support?
> (Is this maybe done in the dsdt.asl?)

Yes, the DSDT shows the interrupt routing. I guess the mptable isn't
correct - ie. it does not say the same thing as the factory DSDT.

> Where do i have to correct things, to get PCI/PCI-E interrupts
> correct, and without ACPI?

First step make the mptable say what the DSDT says. It seems you're
on your way already.

It would of course also help to be able to debug all that interrupt
mapping, but without real chipset docs we are SOL.

//Peter