[coreboot] Paraflasher Update

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sat Mar 28 03:08:10 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 09:12:08PM -0400, Joseph Smith wrote:
> > Please also explicitly mention the license of all the stuff related to
> > this project, including
> >
> > 1. Schematics
> > 2. PCB layouts
> > 3. Firmware
> >
> Not sure what you mean, I have the Public Domain copyright at the bottom of
> the page. Is that not correct?

That's meant for the wiki page content only. It does not say anything
about your schematics or code etc. Please integrate the proper license
in the schematics (PDF, JPG, whatever) as well as in the code (if any).

> Should I put it in each section?
> Although I really like the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0
> Unported copyright http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ (what I
> use on my site) but I don't know if that is coreboot kosher? Is it ok to
> use the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported on the
> coreboot wiki? Anyone?

I guess you could do that, but again, note that those are only for the wiki
page contents. The license of schematics and code should be noted in the
schematics and in the code.

The decision which license to use for code or schematics is yours, of
course. Using GPL for code and CC-BY-SA for schematics is pretty common,
I think, but you get to choose...

Uwe.