[coreboot] patch: add romfs to V2

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Mar 31 05:05:03 CEST 2009

ron minnich wrote:
> great! how much crappy hardware is there. Is it only a part of the
> past or will we see it in future.
>
> If it is only misdesign for past boards then there is an easy
> solution.

Completely agree.

But I think it is difficult to say at this point. Personally I don't
see far enough into any vendor's roadmap about flash chip access. I'm
not sure anyone even cares?

What is the key limiting factor on the m57sli? Decode window IIRC,
but mpc55 or superio?

SPI is kind of new still.. If we look at the SB600 it has a really
nice SPI master with no semblance of these limits.

But Winbond SPI masters continue to only support 1Mbyte. There is
no workaround. We can't fix that of course but maybe it's some sign
of where things are at the moment.

//Peter