[coreboot] Random extra option ROMs in CBFS

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Fri May 1 03:52:00 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 06:05:29AM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> > From: coreboot-bounces at coreboot.org [mailto:coreboot-bounces at coreboot.org]
> > On Behalf Of Peter Stuge
> > Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > > Add sgabios.bin to the CBFS system using a PCI vendor:device of a
> > > device in your system that doesn't already have an option rom and
> > > isn't a vga or ide device.
> > I think it's important to improve this situation. The PCI ids are
> > clearly not relevant to this option ROM, so we should not require
> > them.
> Kevin already added an img/ path for payloads.  I guess he could add
> a path for ROM-style images (ones that will return.)  They'd have to
> be numbered so that they were executed in order, but that doesn't
> seem like too much of a problem.

That sounds like a good idea.  Latest SeaBIOS git will launch any
option rom in the CBFS directory "genroms/".  For example, one can add
"genroms/sgabios.rom" or the lzma compressed
"genroms/sgabios.rom.lzma".  The rom(s) will be run after the vga and
PCI roms are run.

Adding ordering support is a bit of a pain.  Lets see if it is needed.

-Kevin