[coreboot] LinuxTag 2009 in Berlin, June 24-27

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri May 1 12:51:06 CEST 2009

On 30.04.2009 01:33, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> Thanks for organizing this! I hope the interactions with LinuxTag
>> and Messe Berlin were less frustrating than last year.
> Zero frustration so far!

>> If everything goes well, I'll have external flasher support ready
>> in flashrom before LinuxTag. That would certainly be an interesting
>> way to exhibit flashrom.
> Yes indeed! Do you think you'll make it to Berlin this year to show
> it off yourself? :)

I hope so, but my budget and university deadlines keep suggesting a
"no". No idea about the final decision yet.

> It would be great to have some external programmers there! And if
> there's a simple, proven design we might even be able to sell it
> cheap in the booth.

Yes, that would be an awesome way to raise funds. Another possibility
would be to sell pre-modded M2A-VM. (Or my top hat flash for these
boards if that works out.)

> I have mentioned to the expo organizers that we could be interested
> in a booth (or sub-booth) for flashrom as well, but it depends on how
> much staff we can organize. If only a few people can help out at the
> expo I think it's better to stick with a single booth and dedicate a
> part of it to flashrom. (Will still make sure to mention flashrom to
> the expo organizers though, so that it gets it's own info in the
> printed expo material.)

Actually, I'd prefer to have flashrom+coreboot at one single booth. That
way, nobody has to be sent to another booth if one question is too hard
for one of our staff.