[coreboot] cbfs XIP patch

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Tue May 5 09:42:41 CEST 2009

Am 05.05.2009 06:55, schrieb ron minnich:
> There is actually no change to the find code in src/lib, in fact; that
> code also walks all of rom, in strides of 'align'. If we ever worry
> that 16 bytes is too small an increment we can change it
> at the command line, when we create a cbfs archive.
In that case, I'll have to revert a change made to lib/cbfs.c to walk
the chain of files (instead of a brute force walk through the whole
image). SeaBIOS will have to do likewise.

And that means, that we either need some cache about file locations in
the readers, or certain operations will be very expensive (eg. SeaBIOS
looking for all kind of pci*roms)

Patrick