[coreboot] CBFS transition plan

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Tue May 5 18:17:53 CEST 2009

Am 05.05.2009 17:24, schrieb Myles Watson:
> I think we can put off the decision if we insert CBFS code to find the
> normal image and jump to it.
My next step is to make copy_and_run cbfs aware. That would push the
coreboot_ram part of both stages into cbfs already, significantly
decreasing the bootblock size.

It's a low hanging fruit given that copy_and_run is a single code path
now, and that at this time of the boot process, RAM is available.

After that, I wanted to take a look at the location calculation stuff
that determines where normal is linked to. That would fix normal and I
think it can be automated in a way that works for both cbfs and
"old-style". That would mean less numbers to tweak, too.

Unless you really want to put the remaining fallback/normal code into
cbfs, in which case that work would be useless. I really like the idea
of using %cs, if it's known to be stable.

Patrick