[coreboot] GSoC: Seabios USB Option ROM, small initial planning

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 18:00:54 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Leandro Dorileo <ldorileo at gmail.com> wrote:
> For now, I have two major questions, #1: I`ve seen other projects like
> FILO including libpayload with svn:external, once seabios is
> maintained with git, how it should be done with seabios? how would we
> manage the source code integration and maintainability between seabios
> and libpayload?. #2: libpayload uses kbuild/kconfig but seabios
> doesn`t, what would be the best approach to integrate their build
> system? (PS: Sorry, it wasn`t two questions, but many questions and
> two areas. ;-) )

Kevin and others probably has some opinion about this but I think that
you should start with libpayload and worry about the integration
later.

> A third questions would be, how people test the libpayload stuffs? do
> they write small payloads for that? is that feasible writing an option
> ROM for testing the libpayload`s usb stack?

Yes, an option ROM built with libpayload would be a good way to test.
The ROM can test USB directly and it can also provide the API. (This
may answer question 1 and 2. SeaBIOS can always load the option ROM
that can extend SeaBIOS's services).

Marc

--
http://marcjonesconsulting.com