[coreboot] HP DL145G3 - BuildBot

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue May 12 23:50:51 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Tom Sylla <tsylla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I think you may still be able to get this part working without FILO,
>>> but I am not sure how. The HT1000 SATA is not AHCI, so support for
>>> AHCI won't actually help. The controller has normal PATA emulation
>>> mode, as well as its own "QDMA" SATA mode (in lieu of AHCI).
>>
>> Are you saying that FILO shouldn't be working, or that SeaBIOS should
>> be working?
>
> What Peter said, it seems like SeaBIOS could work, with some more
> effort. There is some sort of combination of controller mode or
> settings that should make it work, on our HT1000 platform, with
> non-coreboot BIOS, we can boot all OSes in HT1000 "PATA" mode.
We tried applying the patch that enabled the HT1000 with FILO to
seabios, but it didn't make a difference.

>> The controller seems to be in SATA mode and works with FILO.
>
> That sort of sounded non-ideal from the original mail, but if it is no
> problem, then there doesn't need to be more effort.

It would have been nice to boot directly Coreboot+SeaBIOS instead of
Coreboot+SeaBIOS+FILO.  It would have made system administration
easier.

Since the box is now in a data center (or on its way) and I don't have
one...  It will have to be a future effort.

Thanks,
Myles