[coreboot] PCIe config and MMCONF

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu May 14 04:15:38 CEST 2009

On 14.05.2009 04:05, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>> MMCONF_BASE_ADDRESS, EXT_CONF_BASE_ADDRESS and DEFAULT_PCIEXBAR
>> have the same purpose.
>>

>> We need exactly one variable for the base address and another one
>> for the size of that area.
>>

> Yes.
>

>> Ideas about the name?
>>

> Counter-question. Does this apply to anything but PCI Express? HT?
> If it really is only PCI Express, then I like DEFAULT_PCIE_BAR or
> maybe DEFAULT_PCIE_BAR_BASE and _SIZE. If not only PCI Express then
> DEFAULT_EXT_BAR_BASE and _SIZE seems better.

AFAIK it applies to every PCI addressable device behind the bridge with
the MMCONFIG feature. On Fam10, this means all devices visible in PCI
config space, regardless of which bus they are on.

I do like your DEFAULT_EXT_BAR_{BASE,SIZE} suggestion. May I suggest a
small change to include PCI somewhere in the name? The meaning of the
variable should be at least somewhat obvious.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/