[coreboot] SGABIOS checksum [kevin at koconnor.net: Re: SeaBIOS, serial output, and grub]

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu May 14 15:38:33 CEST 2009

Hi Nathan,

there was some discussion on the coreboot mailing list, and it seems
that the SGABIOS binary doesn't have a checksum calculated for it,
which means that some BIOSes refuse to initialize it.

The SeaBIOS project maintained by Kevin has a utility for calculating
checksums, available at:

http://git.linuxtogo.org/?p=kevin/seabios.git;a=blob;f=tools/checksum.py;h=8c7665d2508d598abf07510234515ffbf198cdff;hb=HEAD

Kevin, I can't find that buildrom.py script in seabios.git?

//Peter

----- Forwarded message from Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> -----