[coreboot] [Bochs-developers] Moving Bochs BIOS into a separate project

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat May 16 01:12:42 CEST 2009

On 15.05.2009 22:08, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> If coreboot ever supports UEFI, UEFI will be implemented as an optional
> compatibility module.

There is a UEFI compatibility module for coreboot. I had forgotten it
existed because almost nobody wants EFI stuff (especially because you
can boot Linux just fine without EFI/BIOS). Sorry.

> Coreboot has SeaBIOS as BIOS compatibility module and it is optional, of
> course. coreboot+SeaBIOS can boot Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows
> 7 besides most BSDs and Linux.

coreboot already works fine with Qemu and also with Qemu+KVM. In fact,
lots of testing is done in Qemu because it allows fast boot test cycles.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel