[coreboot] Build Error since r4278

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat May 16 19:45:16 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Russell Whitaker <russ at ashlandhome.net> wrote:

> In the long run would there be less confusion if the terms were ide0_disable
> and ide1_disable so that if they are not specified
> the defaults would be "0" ?

sure. But you have to fix a few things.

as currently implemented in 82801xx it defaults to 1:
static void ide_init(struct device *dev)
{
        /* TODO: Needs to be tested for compatibility with ICH5(R). */
        /* Enable IDE devices so the Linux IDE driver will work. */
        uint16_t ideTimingConfig;
        int enable_primary = 1;
        int enable_secondary = 1;

If we go with the southbridge_intel_i82801xx_config approach, it will
default to 0 in all mainboards that don't specifically set the values
in the mainboard Config.lb.

So fixing this is a two-step process: fix the
src/southbridge/intel/i82801xx/chip.h and add those two elements to
the struct.
And fix these Config.lb:
src/mainboard/asus/mew-am/Config.lb
src/mainboard/asus/mew-vm/Config.lb
src/mainboard/msi/ms6178/Config.lb
src/mainboard/nec/powermate2000/Config.lb
src/mainboard/rca/rm4100/Config.lb
src/mainboard/thomson/ip1000/Config.lb

so that they set the values as follows:
src/mainboard/asus/mew-am/Config.lb:      register "ide0_enable" = "1"
src/mainboard/asus/mew-am/Config.lb:      register "ide1_enable" = "1"

if this makes no sense let me know.

ron