[coreboot] Minimum RAM requirements for coreboot (under Qemu)

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Mon May 18 17:33:23 CEST 2009

> The problem is that we're going to need a way to *not* hardcode it. 4M
> is too low because some payloads will run right over it.
I thought it was OK for payloads to run over coreboot.  We don't load them
until we're done.  Right?  What am I missing?

> In the vm86 mode we put esp at 0xfffc -- i.e. top of page 0. I wonder
> if we should always have it there. The biggest stack user we have is
> lzma at around 2kB, but lzma doesn't run until the very end.

Shouldn't this cause problems with the way we write mptables?  If the
mptable is too big this would write it over our stack, then zero it back
out.  My pending patch corrects this, but I didn't know it was an issue.

Thanks,
Myles