[coreboot] #137: S2895 no function after coreboot 2 flash

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue May 19 21:10:59 CEST 2009

> > That's what I'm saying.  Since we don't have SeaBIOS versioned (we
> > would have had to bump it many times since January), It wasn't known
> > good anymore.  I don't see an easy solution since we have so few
> > buildrom users to scream when things break.
>
> Ah - sorry, the problem is that we track HEAD for seabios. Can't we just
> use
> a git revision number for seabios?

We could.  I guess the biggest problem is that we don't track known good
payloads per platform.  Someone could try the latest SeaBIOS on qemu and
bump up the revision.  If that broke everyone else...  After several bumps
where it worked on different platforms it would be hard to figure out what
happened.

I guess since I don't have a good solution I'm just whining :)

Thanks,
Myles