[coreboot] jarrell_rom_jumper.c ( I think I found it )

Joshua McDowell JMcDowell at ISSISolutions.com
Thu May 21 20:57:46 CEST 2009

   Also, the factory flash docs never mention changing a jumper..

Joshua McDowell
  - Lead integrator

Sent from my Blackberry

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>

Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:41:24
To: <coreboot at coreboot.org>
Subject: Re: [coreboot] jarrell_rom_jumper.c ( I think I found it )

Joshua McDowell wrote:
> Forcing the use of "SST49LF160C" as the prom dumps the bios
> perfectly every time, even before the use of the newly discovered
> source code.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean very much.

A forced read disregards everything needed for writing or erasing a
chip and only tries desperately to read the contents. It's only some
minimal functionality that doesn't help us for write or erase.

Maybe you can try playing with the rom_jumper source a bit. Try to
get it where it says that the jumper value is 1-2 instead?

Maybe there is even a hardware jumper on the board? Can you check?

//Peter

coreboot mailing list: coreboot at coreboot.org