[coreboot] [flashrom] Asus A7N8X-E Support.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Fri May 22 12:39:16 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 03:04:09AM +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:

> The first one i looked at was the aforementioned and this here is what
> is needed for the flash enable of that board.
>
> {
> 	uint8_t tmp;
>
> 	pci_write_byte(dev, 0x92, 0);
>
> 	tmp = pci_read_byte(dev, 0x6D);
> 	tmp |= 0x01;
> 	pci_write_byte(dev, 0x6D, tmp);
> }
>
> While it seems that the second operation seems to match both ck804 and
> mcp55 chip enables, this is not true. The device used is 0:01.0 (ISA
> bridge) and not 0:01.1 (SMB controller).
>
> I googled, but could not find a report to the coreboot (or linuxbios)
> list of this board being tested. Does anyone remember who reported this
> as broken?
>
> Luc Verhaegen.

Anyone have any contact information for who reported this to begin with?
Because that is the only thing that's standing in the way of adding
chipset/board support for this hw.

I fear that this was an irc discussion somewhere, and here the lack of
logging is seriously hampering progress.

Luc Verhaegen.