[coreboot] flashrom touches only 0x70000-0x80000 addresses of my bios flash

Alexander Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Sun May 24 18:19:38 CEST 2009

Hi All!

I've tried flashrom on my Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI board but it can only write to
0x70000-0x80000. This includes both write and erase. Could you please help me
to solve this? BTW, I don't yet have a backup chip so tested changes are
preferred :)

Here is the probe output:

alex at tornado:~/bios$ sudo flashrom
flashrom v0.9.0+r544
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "NVIDIA CK804", enabling flash write... OK.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chip "PMC Pm49FL004" (512 KB) at physical address 0xfff80000.
No operations were specified.

Here is the output of lshw:

     *-firmware:0
          vendor: Award Software International, Inc.
          physical id: 0
          version: F4 (05/11/2006)
          size: 128KiB
          capacity: 448KiB
          capabilities: isa pci pnp apm upgrade shadowing cdboot bootselect
socketedrom edd int13floppy360 int13floppy1200 int13floppy720 int13floppy2880
int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial int17printer int10video acpi usb
ls120boot zipboot biosbootspecification
     *-firmware:1
          physical id: 20
          size: 1023KiB
          capabilities: apm bootselect socketedrom int13floppytoshiba
int5printscreen

I hope this helps.

--
  Alexander