[coreboot] [Patch] Flashrom: Add nforce2 chipset enable.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Tue May 26 11:57:20 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 10:17:39AM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:

> For instance, I've seen flashrom logs (-r, -wv, -E, etc) together with
> their output on some blogs, wikis, mailing lists etc. which are
> sometimes enough to tell if the board is working OK or not (e.g. requires
> chipset-enable or board-enable). For these external "scraped" pages we
> might not be able to find an email address, but it's still useful to
> add such a tested non-working board to our list until some user shows
> up in IRC/ML and helps us supporting the board.

Well, in that case, we should still work hard to find contact details so
that they don't get lost. If the person is on irc, then you ask him for
an email address. If the person is on some forum, it should often be
possible to poke this person on this forum too, or at least mention the
location of the report in the commit entry.

> But yes, in general, we should record who tested a certain board as
> OK/BAD, if possible with email address.

Ok :)

> > I think the only reasonable thing to do is to:
> > * mark the a7n8x deluxe as tested ok.
> > * remove the a7n8x-e deluxe from the known bad list, but not add it as
> > tested ok.
>
> That's fine, yes. Removing it from the BAD list is ok, but we should not
> add it to the OK list, indeed.

Done.

> Please feel free to commit.

Ok, thanks a lot, committed as 548.