[coreboot] [v2] ACPI on m57sli

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Wed May 27 23:13:04 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 22:25:34 Ronald Hoogenboom wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> I fixed some stuff and made a new build.
> * now my NIC MAC address is same as factory (in romstrap.inc): no
> 'renaming' anymore.
> * now the FACP checksum is correct (new fadt.c attached)
> * powernow still doesn't work (enabled the commented
> acpi_fill_ssdt_generator in acpi.c, but doesn't help...)
>
> New artefact:
> ACPI Error (evgpeblk-1156): GPE0 block (GPE 0 to 31) overlaps the GPE1
> block (GPE 20 to 59) - Ignoring GPE1 [20070126]
Needs to be investigated. I did see such errors, but i don't really know how
to fix it.
I always compared the acpidump/iasl disassembled table files with the original
bios files to find and eliminate errors.

> Continued artefacts:
> ACPI Exception (processor_core-0818): AE_NOT_FOUND, Processor Device is
> not present [20070126] (2 times)
> powernow-k8: MP systems not supported by PSB BIOS structure (2 times)
I know that message, and it's quite simple to fix as i can remember, which will
also enable PowerNow the right way (Maybe there has been some more modification
to get it working.), but where has it been.... - for sure this is dsdt.asl
related.

For two CPU's try e.g:

    Scope (\_PR)
    {
        Processor (\_PR.C000, 0x00, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}
        Processor (\_PR.C001, 0x01, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}
    }

This should be found on quite top of the dsdt.asl file. The original dsdt.asl
from one of my first patches contains there fore lines for processors, and as
there are e.g. two cores available you get that errors on booting.

(It could also be solved including the "amdk8_util.asl" in your dsdt.asl, and
removing the right parts which are given/generated by the "amdk8_util.asl"
file.)

Include ("../../../../src/northbridge/amd/amdk8/amdk8_util.asl")

I don't know which CPU you use, and which dsdt.asl (or which version of my
patch), but try to modify dsdt.asl that far, that there are only that much CPU
entries as your CPU has cores.

> On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 20:54 +0200, Harald Gutmann wrote:
> > PS: I think it would be better to keep this discussion on the mailing
> > list, so everyone can post his hints/opinions/suggestions to that topic.
>
> Mailing list is copied too...
Fine, at the first mail i didn't recognize that it was CC'd to the ML.

> Best regards,
> Ronald.

Kind regards,
Harald

PS: I'll be off for the next few days (maybe till Monday).