[coreboot] Patch management

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun May 31 22:41:58 CEST 2009

ron minnich wrote:
> > I would like to request a better patch management system than this
> > mailing list.
>
> it's a hard problem.
..
> All in all, I think the process works.

I don't, when patches are untracked and linger for however long until
the author or someone else sends a ping, at which point they may get
some more attention, or will just continue to linger.

Especially when there is no feedback, there might then just as well
be no community at all.

It also means that it is _impossible_ to get any kind of overview.

> Yes, it is not ideal. Yes, it could be better, but so could
> everything.

Why settle just because it's hard? Then there would be no coreboot. :)

//Peter