[coreboot] what should CONFIG_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE be in "CPU/1HT device" mode?

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:40:17 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, Myles,
>> About the HT code, I have a question.
>>
>> I am debugging my board, which is Fam10+RS780+SB700. The CPU and RS780 are
>> the two HT node.
> Aren't there three?  How is the SB700 connected to the RS780?
>
>> It seems like the RS690/SB600 board.
> The RS690/SB600 board has three.

There is just the CPU and 690 or 780. The AMD 600 or 700 is connect
with Alink, not HT.

> early_ht.c: Just enumerate the southbridge chain in case that's needed for
> serial initialization or ROM access.
>
> incoherent_ht.c: Enumerate all chains so that they can be optimized before
> the first reset.
>
> hypertransport.c: Enumerate the chains according to the device tree.

Is early_ht.c, enumerate_ht_chain(), even needed. The subtractive path
should work. Maybe depends on the southbridge/configuration.

For Fam10, I think that where problems happen is the early_ht.c sets
values that are found and used by the AGESA based code that has a
slightly different search algorithm. This happens in ht3init.c,
process_link(). Failures in process_link() cause the system to halt
even if it could continue based on the early setup.

Marc

--
http://marcjonesconsulting.com