[coreboot] CPU Frequency setting

Peter Joanes pjoanes at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:32:51 CET 2009

I would like to ask whether it might be possible to modify the
S2882 Coreboot config so that it includes a way to set the processor
I have recently attempted to upgrade my S2882 based
system, but encountered stability problems which (after much
experimenting) seem simply to be a case of the board not being able to
handle the 2.8Ghz Opteron 254's I have put in it (which are shown as
supported on http://www.tyan.com/support_download_cpu2.aspx?socketid=9
If the machine completes booting, I can set the frequency to
2.6Ghz, and then all is fine, so I would like to exclude the 2.8Ghz
frequency earlier in the process (perhaps using Coreboot or maybe a slightly-modified bootloader).

-        Peter.
New Windows 7: Simplify what you do everyday. Find the right PC for you.