[coreboot] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: arima hdama problem]]

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 05:27:00 CEST 2009

> Below is the output with the no_smp patch and the previous patch.  Is
> there another problem since the payload is not being loaded?
There's definitely some problem.  It hangs before the devices are enumerated
:(

> coreboot-2.3 Tue Oct 20 16:46:25 MDT 2009 starting...
> Enabling routing table for node 00 done.
> Enabling UP settings
> Disabling read/write/fill probes for UP... done.
> Ram2.00
> Enabling dual channel memory
> coreboot-2.3 Tue Oct 20 16:46:25 MDT 2009 booting...
> POST: 0x40
> Enumerating buses...
> Show all devs...Before Device Enumeration.
> Root Device: enabled 1, 0 resources
> APIC_CLUSTER: 0: enabled 1, 0 resources
> APIC: 00: enabled 1, 0 resources
> PCI_DOMAIN: 0000: enabled 1, 0 resources
> PCI: 00:18.0: enabled 1, 0 resources
> PCI: 00:1e.0, bad id 0xffffffff
> PCI: 00:1f.0, bad id 0xffffffff
> POST: 0x25
This is another strange place to hang.  I don't understand why it would hang
here.  It's probably time to put a few print statements around there and see
if we can get it to go a little farther.

Have you tried it with the init call, but not the timeout?  It would be nice
if we could say that bug was squashed and we could move on.  If init wasn't
the problem, we should probably figure out why you can't get to the lapic
before we move on.

Thanks,
Myles