[coreboot] BIOS POST codes monitoring in real time from other computer

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 23:21:55 CEST 2009

2009/9/17 Antonio Expósito <antonio.exposito at ono.com>

>  I have seen the supported motherboard list/status, and there are several
> VIA motherboards with chipsets of the same family but different models.
>
> Is it difficult to adapt one of them to my motherboard? (AMOS-3000 embedded
> computer with P700 motherboard)

I would think it would be difficult without documentation.  You can always
try the closest one (as long as you can recover from a bad image!)

Look for the most similar supported board, modify the device tree in
src/mainboard/via/(closest_one)/Config.lb to match your SuperIO,
Northbridge, Southbridge, etc.

> Perhaps I can help, which are the first steps?
>
> Any doc for a new guy?

http://www.coreboot.org/FAQ
http://www.coreboot.org/Development_Guidelines

It takes some time to find everything you'll need on the wiki, but it's
worth reading.

Good luck,
Myles