[coreboot] USB POST card

Andrew Goodbody andrew.goodbody at tadpole.com
Mon Sep 21 18:10:01 CEST 2009

Myles Watson wrote:
> I was hoping for a PCI POST card that buffered codes so that they could
> be read from another computer by USB.  Then it wouldn't depend on
> working USB or serial, just port 0x80.

The USB debug port requires much less support than full blown USB and so
can be used in restricted environments. PCI seems to be going away and
even when it is present port 80h does not always work by default, it can
need configuring.

Support for passing POST codes or even progress strings over USB debug
devices would be very useful indeed.

Andrew