[coreboot] Supermicro X7SLA-H supported? (Intel 945GC + ICH7R)

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 29 14:29:28 CEST 2009

Hi Sander,

On 28.09.2009 15:53, Sander wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote (ao):
>
>> On 16.09.2009 13:34, Sander wrote:
>>
>>> Supermicro X7SLA-H motherboard[2].
>>>

>> [...] Of course, to
>> recover the flash chip on your board, that flash chip should be in a
>> socket (or have a SPI recovery header).
>>

> I've just received the motherboard and it has a SPI BIOS with no header
> whatsoever. So, sadly, no coreboot on this one.

Look for the flash chip(s). Probably near the ATX power connector, 8-pin
chips, usually with a small colored dot and/or a sticker on top of them.
If you peel off the sticker (if any), you should see the manufacturer
and model number (probably 25...). Maybe you can find someone to solder
a socket in place.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--