[coreboot] EP80579 reference platform

Dustin Harrison dustin.harrison at sutus.com
Fri Apr 16 04:32:45 CEST 2010

On 15/04/2010 2:18 PM, Ed Swierk wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Dustin Harrison
> <dustin.harrison at sutus.com>  wrote:
>
>> Yes -- I did the following:
>> # rm .xcompile
>> # cd util/crossgcc
>> # ./buildgcc
>> # cd ../../
>> # make clean; make
>>
>> I also printed out the $(CC) variable in the Makefile to confirm:
>> CC = CCACHE_COMPILERCHECK=content
>>   /home/dharrison/code/coreboot.trunk/util/crossgcc/xgcc/bin/i386-elf-gcc
>> -Wa,--divide -fno-stack-protector -Wl,--build-id=none
>>
>> Question:  I thought I read somewhere the ROMCC is no longer used?  Is that
>> true for the entire project?  Because I see that ROMCC is still used for
>> romstage.c
>>
> I don't know the status of romcc, but it wouldn't be a shock to
> discover that a bug has crept into romcc, or the Truxton mainboard
> code, or the i3100 southbridge code.
>
> I'd recommend you try building a revision of Coreboot from around the
> time I committed the Truxton code
> (http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/coreboot/changeset/3656/trunk).

Good suggestion - So I've built coreboot-v2 and I can now get to the
"Jumping to coreboot" line.  Looking at older posts it appears that
Arnaud had to play with some RAM settings to get past this issue, so
I'll start there.

Tomorrow I'll have a look at the difference between the assembly code
generated and see if there is anything obvious.

>> Would it be possible for me to download the build directory from the automated build&test server?
>>
> You'd have to ask on the list.

My apologies -- I meant to post the reply to the list.