[coreboot] I'm not able to extract the VGA BIOS from phoenix BIOS

Joop Boonen joop_boonen at web.de
Thu Apr 29 01:55:25 CEST 2010

Hello All,

I have the Arima HDAMA server.
The BIOS can be found here:

I want to extract the VGA.ROM but I can succeed.
I have been following this instruction:

When I execute this command: cat /proc/iomem | grep 'Video ROM'

Nothing is returned. When i check via command: cat /proc/iomem
I also don't see anything that is related to the display.

I have a feeling that the reason why I don't see anything is because the
VGA BIOS option ROM isn't loaded in RAM?

I've also tried the phnxdeco tool. I don't see any modules that can be
extracted when I use this tool.

phnxdeco hdmag217.rom -l

-=PhoenixDeco, version 0.33 (Linux)=-

Filelength : 80786 (526214 bytes)
Filename : hdmag217.rom
PhoenixBIOS hook found at : 77500
System Information at : 77526
BootBlock : 8000 bytes
BankSize : 512 KB
Version : DEVEL4E0
Start : 200000715E1
Offset : 70000
BCP Modules : 23
FCP 1st module : 9485 (79485)
Released : �=@ at 14:37:39
/* Copyrighted Information */
| Class.Instance (Name) Packed ---> Expanded Compression Offset |

Total Sections: 0

Can someone help me to find a way de extract the VGA ROM of this main board?