[coreboot] Linux booting hangs when booted by FILO

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Apr 30 14:16:27 CEST 2010

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 03:34:43 +0100, "limp" <johnkyr83 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have loaded coreboot with FILO on a Kontron 986LCD-M board and when I
am
> trying to boot Linux from FILO, it freezes at the "Jumping to entry
> point..." bit.
>

> Found Linux version 2.6.31.6 (limp at ubuntu) #50 Wed Feb 3 15:04:41 GMT
2010
> bzIm
>
> age.

> Jumping to entry point...
>

> Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve that? Thank you in advance.
>
> P.S. please CC me.

Hello,
I helped John(limp) get his USB flash drive formatted to ext3 and all setup
for FILO on irc yesterday.
FILO sees the drive ok but no matter what he put in for kernel command line
or initrd command line it still hangs on "Jumping to entry point..."

I asked him to send an email to the list because I was stumped at that
point. Is there a way in FILO to debug this better?
Oh, FYI this is UHCI.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org